Saturday, August 24, 2019

Day 67 and 68 Finally leaving

We, I mean I, decided to stay an extra day again.  That makes friday saturday sunday monday and Tuesday hanging out at Wakeboard Romania, or as I call it, "The Island in the Sky" 

It's easy to stay somewhere where you fit in and are appreciated.

Monday I left after a few fairwells, but then 2 hours later the wakeboard people had another island they were going to visit, and yelled across the river for me to join.  This was a very good idea.  This place was the inspiration to their island.  Little bungalows, a kitchen, shower, and an old man with an interesting take on life leading the charge.

I stayed there, ate the food the needed me to try.  I helped pick out small fish from the net, and was served extremely good palinca.

The wakeboard people decided I should stay another night. 

We went back to the island and on the way took turns wakeboarding.  I'm not a boarder, so I never gave it a go.  It was more fun hanging in the boat and watching people that were actually good do cool tricks.  Plus I was palinca drinkin.

We got back, and well, we drank more palinca and hung out by the fire.

Today I woke up early.  Kresta took me back to my kayak, where the family was hanging out.  They again insisted I eat and drink all day.  So I did.  That, and tried fishing.  I hung out with Alexandra and her aunt and relatives.  She has an amazing voice and is absolutely stunningly beautiful.  We all had a good time trying to figure out if I am crazy or not, and then I paddled off into the sunset. 



The landscape here is mesmerizing.  It's like a hilly delta.  And even at sea level I can still see distances far away.  Theres farms and scattered trees, and lots of cows and horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment