Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Day 62 meeting local important people

Where did I wake up?  Some place that starts with a Z.  The whole town is run by InterAgro, by one man, and the town loves him.  He owns like half of Romania.  And is apparently a good guy.

Anyway.  Went to the store to get supplies where everyone apparently forgot to frickin move.  I was in 3 traffic jams in 3 mintutes.  I am still unbelievably shocked at the awareness of people.   It's a simply thing.  Be aware of what you are doing, while being aware of where your mass of molecules exists in accordance to other MASSES OF MOLECULES.

I was hurried a bit by the Captain of the Harbor and his driver, the chief of boarder patrol police.  They picked me up at the hotel and acted as my taxi this morning.  The hotel girl Anca made my day.  She was just nice looking and I thought of how pleasant it was to wake up to someone being nice to me.

Anywho.  once I left this town, I didn't get out of the boat until 6pm.  This was a 65km day.  And hot, and I've realized now it will be windy every day.  And the wind will be heading directly at me .  not to the left or right, but what you would call, a head wind.

I ate granola and soy sausage with bread all day.  I met another kayaker who was kind of annoying.  I told him I was going to stay in town because I'm sick of getting woke up by cows, goats, sheep, bore, chickens, people, storms, bugs, weird stuff, and I've been doing this for over 2 months.  He was a pompous idiot.  He had only been on the river 2 days and kept insisting he knew stuff I didn't.  It's funny when older people still have the attitude of a child.  He said we should paddle together and I said that I dont like people, which is not true, i just didn't like him.

So he paddled off as fast as he could to prove he was better, and then I took a break and took a swig of some palinka, because I dont know how to deal with stress sometimes.

After that I felt good and got into the town harbor.

I made my way to the hotel, which was 15 bucks.  And also quite nice.

I got dinner at the hotel restaurante and met the owner.  He told me about how he helped some mountain people get water to their home using a ram pump.  And how the mountain people slept on beds of hay, lavender, and sheep fur.  And how his family built the hotel we were in.

Nice town, but honestly I'm kind of sick of speaking English slowly.  And I don't have the time to learn another language FLUENTLY at the moment.  Hanks super market, I miss you.




I'm going try for 3 70km days. Need some sleep.  And if you pray, pray I don't get woke up by animals.... oh yeah, theres stray dogs everywhere and everyone is okay with it.

Km 490

No comments:

Post a Comment