Saturday, August 3, 2019

Day 47 Strollimg around Belgrade or Beograde

We had to leave our hotel as they were booked but we walked 1 block away and after some tension John and I decided that I would take the room with the sauna and balcony.  Thanks John.

Yes, a sauna, and yes, I used it, a lot.

After that i felt like King Midas.  So I walked around Belgrade with one mission: Find a bandana.  I went into every store with a possible lead.  Nothing.

I did see some beautiful architecture and made a pretty lady blush.  So it was a good day.  After that I had some pizza and a beer.

I somehow got into a weird conversation with a Serbian nationalist about how his friend is a Neo-Nazi and how his friend works as the German Serbian ambassador at the embassy.  But I also think this man was, what some might call, mentally insane.  But it made the beer go down quicker.





Then John and I met some Canadians on a european bike trip.  They are awesome awesome people.  They do horticulture and are teachers and dont smoke and they're great.  The Serbian mariachi band played for us at the classy restaurant we attended.

We relaxed at hotel, drank a little then decided to go out.  John left his wallet in the hotel, we had a disagreement, then John stayed in while I went out.  I saw a cool band.  It was rad.

Serbian people dance like white people but just a little better.  They're exotic and happy and dont care.  I tried to dance but they kind of laughed.  It's just different. They have a very old traditional way of looking at things and my move are more post modern funk new orleans 2 step with a side of dosee do and hootenanny.

That was the night.  I got a kiss on the cheek which is actually now covered with beard hair and inside the beard lives a small family of gnomes which I adopted from Bavaria.

Tomorrow I leave

No comments:

Post a Comment