Saturday, August 3, 2019

Day 45 Back to Paddling, Sleeping with cowz

Most of the days im not sure if im in waking up in a river hotel in Serbia or not.  Today, i was sure.  10 channels on the TV from 1997, only 5 of which have programming, and odd "cultured" music coming from the lobby, along with coming outside to see old men drinking at noon on a riverside patio as a pacl of wild dogs trotted passed. I wasnt sure if it was Serbia...but I was pretty sure.  Turns out being pretty sure meant yes in this drizzly grey Sunday morning in the greatest country in Europe.



Thanks John for the idea for the room, as it rained last night and we needed 13 hours of sleep, but I only got 10 and a half.

Falling asleep to British action movies is awesome.

Today I cant talk very well, my mind is still foggy, and my body still hurts.  Then it rained all day.  Then the wind picked up strong at my face.  Then later. lightening.  This was enough.  Im camped away from my boat because it wasnt safe to paddle, and the only place to camp NOT in the way of a landslide, literally, was half a mile walk up river through mud and cow shit, next to cows, and sheep.

Its quite perfect here.  Slight breeze, no car sounds, FARM animal sounds to keep my mind at ease, and no mosquitos.   All under a nice tarp setup, with a beer, and belly full of food.

Today was nice, I thought about nothing, and waved to people on the shore, and they waved back.

km1250, still a long way to go and a short time to get there...

No comments:

Post a Comment