Saturday, August 3, 2019

Day 48. The Saddest day yet

John woke me up with the news that he is leaving.  This is not good.  But we all need to follow our own paths.

I asked that we not get dramatic, on account of the swelling of my skull and the heavy loads of beer sweat coming from everywhere.






So we walked to get water.  Had one more beer.  And got a taxi ride back to gipsyville where the cab driver was afraid.  we set off a firework and found all our stuff from our boats were gone.  Tarp, sleeping pad, tent staked, boat shoes, hammock straps, everything.  They left the Playboy magazine.  Good folks.

I paddled all day feeling like crap, alone, and dehydrated.

I'm tired now, I want to write more, but am in Smerdevero Serbia. In a hotel, because it's raining,  and I don't have a tarp or parachord.

Tomorrow I'll buy new supplies, and thank the heavens I still have a little money to do so.

Tomorrow I will be healthier and feeling more refreshed.

I'm gonna miss John though 

Km 1120?
45km since 2pm, not bad, but kinda.
920 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment