Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Day 60. ONE more island party

The maid made us all hashbrowns, sausage, eggs, tomatoes, cheese, salami, and so on.

We were all tired, as these adult beverages depleted out liver enzymes, nutrients, H20 levels, and brain cells, giving us a feeling that was the complete opposite of how we felt just hours ago.

We went to the store, got water, and blah blah.

We went to my kayak to organize and dump out all the excess water.  Boarder control wanted to meet me and take my autograph.  I'm starting to become famous out here I guess.

I left.

Stopped back at the island.  And played soccer with a group of young gentlemen who gave me free beer and a large bottle of palinka.  They also gave me a hand made wallet from Turkey!

Great people.

I'm very tired now.

I paddled 30km in the dark.  But it was almost a full moon with a completely clear sky.  It was also a meteor shower and the water was like glass.

People overuse the word beautiful.  Stop it.  When I want to describe something truly beautiful I have to now come up with new words.  And I don't want to.  Also my vocabulary is minuscule.






This night was beautiful.  I just paddled slow and stared at the sky for hours. 

I also was drinking palinka and drunk calling old friends.  I'm crazy.

Km 599

No comments:

Post a Comment