Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Day 55 Best food and people ever

Sometimes the wind blows.  Other times, the wind will blow.  This just goes to show, how a simple stop, at the right time of the clock, will put a person in a predicament, unparalleled to the horizontal of the perpundictular. 

The tides change.  And when we realize that it's always changing, we can begin to predict nothing,  present.

When the life becomes predictable, mundane, and numb, is when change will throw itself off course.  It's when our course is unpredictable, lively, and real is when the change will not throw us away from our path, but challenge us to adapt with more precision and awareness.

Basically, if we live boring lives, changes will makes us more flustered.  And when we live wild lives, change will not fluster us, but rather make us stronger.

830 am.  A nice time to open ones eyes and stand up.  Out of the small camper I came, and into a small camp site with smiling faces.

They said where to poop and wash my hands.  So I did.  I was ready to go at 9.  But then came 2 types of sausage, Romanian goat cheese, 2 tomatoes, and bread. for breakfast. Along with coffee, water, and beer.

Not too many details but myself,Dory and Valentin went into a village which means "Good Spring"  and got some fresh spring water. 

We talked to local people. Doru is a doctor, of which the while village knows, and they always ask him for health advice.  Wonderful.

The spring water was brought here 2000 years ago by the Roman's with aqueducts that traveled 30km away.

Very, very refreshing water is an understatement.



We visited their friend from town.  We picked up countless tomatoes, apples, peppers, herbs, potatoes and so on.

The village is poor but the people are self sustaining and happy.  I think I'll move here.

Doru, the spiritual teacher/doctor/fisherman and I went for a boat ride up river.  He showed me where the US bombed Serbia in 1999 and told me why they did it. He is a peaceful man , but understands differences. 

After this, we had the best food I've ever had in Europe.  Chicken noodle soup, for lunch, spicey, with real potatoes salad, tomatoes and onions and garlic and chicken and garlic and onions and peppers and potatoes and a da da da da!.

The drink was palanka. which is like Eastern European whiskey/ moonshine.

We all sat, relaxed with full belly's, and talked spiritually.  Doru gave me a knife and we parted ways.   I might be in love with a Romanian girl named Marine.  She is kind, and pretty, and calm.

I left at 3 or 4 PM.   made 40km.  Talked to my friends from home on the phone, and now I sleep in a bug net hammock!

Tomorrow I will make 75km.  The river moves well now, and I'll be in the Black Sea soon.

I am so blessed to meet my friends from Romania, and I hope I will see then next year.

1 comment:

  1. J'espère que la suite de ton voyage se passera au mieux, que tes rencontres seront belles ! Keep sharp and take care ! Dana

    ReplyDelete